Worship with us on Sunday at 10:30 AM
The year was 1894. and Grover Cleveland was President (for the second time) of the forty-four United States. On May 24, 1894, a small group of people from the Indian Creek Baptist Church gathered for the first meeting of a mission church in the historic Ingleside subdivision. (The original bell from the tower, pictured right, is now displayed on the front lawn of the church campus.)
A few years later, the church renamed itself Avondale Baptist Church, and constructed a facility (pictured top) across the street from the present campus, on what was then called Old Stone Mountain Road. In the early 1940's, a group of people formed a new church on Highway 278, which was named "First Baptist Church of Avondale Estates."
After FBC Avondale was established, the original "Avondale Baptist Church" took on the more indigenous title of its newly named street, "North Clarendon." The church also purchased the facility across the street (pictured bottom) and expanded its ministries. Today, North Clarendon Baptist Church is located exclusively on that site, at 260 North Clarendon Avenue.